Milk thistle is an herbaceous native to the Mediterrean Basin but now worldwide spread. Its roots and flowers are appreciated as food for their nutritive value. The seed extracts haves been historically used by Ancient Greeks and Romans as an toxine expeller.; It is still used as a detoxifying agent, protecting the liver against the environmental polluants, chemotherapy effects, the abuse of alcohol, junk food or drug. It is traditionnally used to promote liver and gallbladder functions, and to treat various liver disorders including hepatitis, cirrhosis and jaundice.
Fermented Milk Thistle
KefiViva Fermented Milk Thistle is a living certified organic fermented Milk Thistle liquid produced by a monitored bioprocess and is used as a base for creating various types of living, stable and functional beverages.
Botanical Name: Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn
Common Name: Milk Thistle, Blessed Milk Thistle, Holy Thistle, Lady’s Thistle Ginseng, Red Maca
Used Part: Seeds
Taste: Sour milkthistle
pH: 2.0 – 3.5
Acidity: 10.0 – 15.0
List of ingredients: Water, organic burdock roots, organic raw cane sugar, ancient symbiosis of yeasts (Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Zygosaccharomyces bailii, Dekkera bruxellensis) and bacteria (Acetobacter sp., Gluconoacetobacter sp.)
Lifetime: 2 year(s)
Storage: Keep container tightly close in a cool (between 39 and 68°F), dry and dark place.
Nutrients after fermentation
Molecule: Silimarin complex (Silybinin, Silychristin), Flavonoids
Organic Acids: Acetic, Gluconic, Succinic acids
Vitamines: B1, B2, B6, B12 and C
Minerals: Gluconate and acetate forms (Ca, Fe, Mn, P, K, Zn)
Amino acids: Tryptophan, Tyramine
Others: Soluble sugars, Alcohol, Glycerol
Enzymes: Hydrolase, Lipase, Amylase
- Providing liver protection: increases liver blood flow, stimulates liver cell regeneration;
- Promoting liver and gallbladder functions: prevents the occurence of gallstones, with increased bile flow;
- Promoting overall body detoxification: Helps in toxin solubilization, decreases blood cholesterol;
- Controlling inflammatory reactions;
- Protecting against microbial infections;
- Protecting cells from cellular damages from oxydative stress;
- Supporting healthy digestive and gastrointestinal functions;
- Increasing vital energy;
- Boosting the immune system.
Creating Healing From Nature
Let’s Build Something Together
Our goal is to work with you, to optimize the authentic probiotic effect of your products and to create healthier, more marketable, and scientifically superior consumer options.